In order to create a Special Needs Trust, care must be taken of the details during preparation and the information that is submitted. A special needs trust is a document that is prepared for a disabledindividual disabled if he or she is under the age of 65. For best results, you will need the assistance of an attorney to gather the information that is required and create a life care plan that is personalized for the unique needs of the beneficiary.
While working with an attorney to create a special needs trust in West Hartford, the following information will need to be submitted:
• The medial diagnosis and prognosis of the beneficiary; an official report from the doctor or physician associated with him or her is extremely useful
• The Social Security number of the beneficiary
• The amount of funding in regards to the trust, as well as the source of the funds; relevant account numbers and financial or non-financial institutions must be included
• The name, address, phone number, and other relevant details of the trustee.
• A plan in place for the placement of funds that will remain after the beneficiary passes on
Contacting an attorney to create a special needs trust in West Hartford will ensure that you’re able to create a trust that will be able to take advantage of federal, state, and local tax laws in regards to the protection of the funds.
Perhaps most importantly, an attorney can draft language that will make it ironclad in terms of the beneficiary not being disqualified from receiving any additional government aid. The government provides Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid to eligible special needs individuals. However, there are also strict conditions on receiving these benefits.
A Special Needs Trust can help to supplement this government aid and provide financial security and stability. It can even pay for various medical treatments that aren’t covered through government benefits. Contact one of our attorneys to create a special needs trust in West Hartford, Connecticut that protects the future of your loved one!